Your privacy is of paramount importance to us. For this reason, we have gone the extra length to ensure that all your transactions and customer information are secure. Read through the following information.
What Personal Information Does Shoppersland Gather?
The information we learn from you helps us provide, personalize, and continually improve the Services. Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Give Us:We receive and store any information you enter on our website, provide using the Services, or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to use the Services. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as opening your account, processing your transactions, responding to your requests, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information:We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Services
- Mobile:When you download or use apps we create or are created by our affiliates, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Our Communications with Users:Among other things, we communicate with users on a regular basis via e-mail, and we communicate by phone to resolve user complaints or investigate suspicious transactions. We also use your e-mail address to send you notice of payments that you send or receive through our Services, to send information about important changes to our Services, and to send notices and other disclosures required by law. You agree to receive such communications electronically. We may send you promotional messages about new services, offers or opportunities that may interest you. We reserve the right to send you notices for customer service reasons, including notices about your account or transactions using our Services. Also, to help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open or receive e-mail from us. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser, so we can recognize you as a Shoppersland user if you return to our site using the same computer and browser.
- The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, you then may lose the ability to utilize some of our service features, and we recommend that you leave cookies turned on.
Does Shoppersland Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our users is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Disclosure to Other Users:Depending on which payment service you use, you may need to disclose your e-mail address to other users. When you send payments, your name, and/or e-mail address may be disclosed to the intended recipient. Once a transaction is complete, this information will be displayed in the transaction list of the user receiving payment.
- Purchases:We do not disclose your financial information (such as credit card information) to any seller or other recipient of payments you make without your prior consent. When you make a purchase, we may make certain other personal information about you available to the recipient to complete the transaction (such as name, e-mail and shipping address), in the event of a dispute regarding the transaction, or as part of a fraud investigation. The use of information that we provide to a recipient will be governed by the agreements or policies of that recipient.
- Third-party Service Providers:We employ financial institutions, other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf and transactions that you request or authorize. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payment transactions, verifying identity, fraud screening and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, user (or other customer) information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing privacy notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). Also, in the event that Shoppersland or substantially all of its assets are acquired, user information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Shoppersland and Others:We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our User Agreement and other agreements or policies; or protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction as well as sharing information with our attorneys, auditors and other representatives. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent:Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of personal information you provide to our websites during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We restrict access to your personally identifiable information to employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your non-public personal information.
- It is important for you to take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account. You should keep confidential your password, security questions, and any other credentials used to access your account (your “Credentials”). The security of your Shoppersland account relies on your protection of your Credentials. DO NOT SHARE YOUR CREDENTIALS. If you do share your Credentials with a third party for any reason, the third party may have access to your account and your personal information, and you may be responsible for actions taken using your Credentials. If you believe someone else has obtained access to your Credentials, please change them immediately by logging in to your account and changing your Profile settings, and also contact us right away.
What About Third-party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Which Information Can I Access?
Shoppersland gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. Information about you may be accessed by logging into your Shoppersland account and viewing the “My Account” tab.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to take advantage of certain services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the website of its manufacturer. However, you then may lose the ability to utilize some of our service features, and we recommend that you leave cookies turned on.
User Agreement, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit our websites or use our Services, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Notice and the applicable end user agreement, including limitations on damages and application of the law of the state of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. If you have any concern about privacy at Shoppersland, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. We may or may not e-mail you with periodic reminders of our notices and conditions. You should check our site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of user information collected in the past without the consent of affected users.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you open an account, use the Services, or communicate with customer service. For example, to open a Shoppersland account, you must provide your name, address, and an e-mail address. To make certain payments through us, you must provide credit card or bank account information. We also may ask you to choose security questions to answer before we process transactions, issue you a new password or provide you with customer service. We may ask you to send us additional information (such as a credit card statement and/or a recent utility bill or other information linking you to an address in your account). We also may ask you to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity. We may also require additional information if you send or receive certain high-value transactions or high aggregate payment volumes through our Services. We may sometimes offer optional questionnaires and surveys to our users to collect information for analytical purposes, such as demographic information. If we collect personally identifiable information from our users in these questionnaires and surveys, the users will be given notice of how the information will be used prior to their participation in the survey or questionnaire.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, in order to protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third party services the information you provide. During the verification process we receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. For example, if you register a credit card or debit card with us, we will use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen. In addition, we, at our sole discretion and subject to applicable law, reserve the right periodically to retrieve and review a credit report or other credit history information from credit bureaus for any account.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at our site include up-to-date information regarding recent transactions; personally, identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences); payment settings (including credit card information and bank account information); e-mail notification settings; and your Profile.